Friday, March 30, 2012

query a table on different server instance

I have a table TA in database A on SQL server instance IA
and I have a stored procedure in database B on SQL server instance IB.
in stored procedure I want to select all from table TA,
could you tell me what is the correct select statement?
THANKS!
First create a linked server (say, LinkedServerName) for <server name>\IA,
then you can say
SELECT <column names>
FROM [LinkedServerName].A.dbo.TA;
"bangwo" <bangwo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:98010BE5-6C18-4DE6-9C4F-ADFE8E54DD6B@.microsoft.com...
>I have a table TA in database A on SQL server instance IA
> and I have a stored procedure in database B on SQL server instance IB.
> in stored procedure I want to select all from table TA,
> could you tell me what is the correct select statement?
> THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment