Friday, March 30, 2012

Query a Query with multiple results

Hi,
New to .Net and SQL. I have two tables that I have joined together. RentalControl_Main has the rental informationd and an Adjuster ID that links to the ADjuster table and the adjusters name. I am trying to create a report that gives the "Single" adjuster name and the totals for all of their contracts. I have a details report that gives each contract info. for each specific adjusters rentals. However, I want to just list the adjuster once and give all of their totals. In my SQL statement I have all of it written out and just need to knowwhat to do in place of 'Alex Early' that will give me all of the distinct adjusters.
Do I need to code this on the page with a do while loop?
Appreciate any help.


SELECT SUM(dbo.RentalControl_Main.Rate) / COUNT(dbo.RentalControl_Main.Rate) AS AmtAvg, SUM(dbo.RentalControl_Main.DaysBilled)
/ COUNT(dbo.RentalControl_Main.DaysBilled) AS DayAvg, SUM(dbo.RentalControl_Main.Rate * dbo.RentalControl_Main.DaysBilled)
/ COUNT(dbo.RentalControl_Main.Rate) AS TotAvg
FROM dbo.RentalControl_Main INNER JOIN
dbo.RentalControl_Adjuster ON dbo.RentalControl_Main.AdjusterID = dbo.RentalControl_Adjuster.AdjusterID
WHERE (dbo.RentalControl_Adjuster.AdjusterName = 'Alex Early' AND (dbo.RentalControl_Main.DateClose IS NOT NULL) AND
(dbo.RentalControl_Main.AgencyID = '2')I don't mean to sound off-ish, but do you know much about GROUP BY and DISTINCT?

No comments:

Post a Comment