Friday, March 30, 2012

Query acting strangely

I have some problems with this query. It returns some information but not all.
SELECT PAGE0.DOL, PAGE3.STATUS1, PAGE0.STATUS
FROM PAGE0 INNER JOIN PAGE3. ON PAGE0.SERIAL = PAGE3.P_SERIAL
WHERE (PAGE3.STATUS1 <> 'TOA') AND (PAGE0.STATUS = 'OPEN')
For whatever reason this query doesn't return all the info in the table. I tested it somewhat and I noticed that if I reference only one table in the WHERE clouse all is working fine (except I can not filter my query the way I want to). If I remove PAGE3.
STATUS <> 'TOA' then I get all the results. Is there sometihing wrong with this query? I am using SQL server 2000 SP3.
Thanks For any help.
Sebastian
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 03:46:03 -0700, Sebastian wrote:

>I have some problems with this query. It returns some information but not all.
>SELECT PAGE0.DOL, PAGE3.STATUS1, PAGE0.STATUS
>FROM PAGE0 INNER JOIN PAGE3. ON PAGE0.SERIAL = PAGE3.P_SERIAL
>WHERE (PAGE3.STATUS1 <> 'TOA') AND (PAGE0.STATUS = 'OPEN')
>For whatever reason this query doesn't return all the info in the table. I tested it somewhat and I noticed that if I reference only one table in the WHERE clouse all is working fine (except I can not filter my query the way I want to). If I remove PAGE3
.STATUS <> 'TOA' then I get all the results. Is there sometihing wrong with this query? I am using SQL server 2000 SP3.
>Thanks For any help.
>Sebastian
I can't answer this without more information. Please post a repro
script that can help me reproduce and diagnose the problem.
A repro script consists of:
* DDL (create table statements) for the relevant tables, constraints
and indexes,
* insert statements with enough sample data to reproduce the error,
* the text of the query you're having trouble with.
Run the repro script in an empty (test) database to check that it
really reproduces the observed behaviour. Then, post it here, along
with the output you expected from that query.
Many of the regulars here will step in to help you correct the problem
if you post as suggested. Without that information, though, it's very
hard to help us at all (it's like phoning the garage, saying "why
doesn't my car work - it worked fine yesterday")
Best, Hugo
(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)
|||i am going to try to do what you just told me. Thank You. I will post my results soon.
Thank You again

No comments:

Post a Comment